Friday, October 31, 2008

Oh, Boy....We've Done It Now!

Hi, everyone,

Remember that sweet little kitty I told you about in August? Well, my family and I have done it now.

We fed her.

That's right. We fed her.

Now she'll never leave.

I don't really mind. I like it when she hangs out in the morning, meowing at us to feed her and give her water. It was two weeks ago, when we realized that it was getting colder, and our furry friend might be getting chilly. We've never seen her go into her owners' house, so we were worried that she might be out all night.
So........
My dad and brother built her a cat palace. It's a box with all the sides taped together. We put blankets on the bottom and put the box on top. Then we put a thermal blanket on top of the box for extra warmth. Now we've put a trash bag on top to secure the box from the rain. Now that cat has a nice warm place to stay.
But the night my dad and brother were building the kitty bed, my mom suddenly got out our own cat's food bag and dipped up some cat food into a plastic container. She started heading for the door.
Uh oh.

"Mom!" I said, "Are you sure we should?"

"Yes," she said, "I'm not going to let that cat go hungry."

So she put the food bowl out there, which Dicey, the cat, eagerly started sticking her little nose in and chomping up the food.

She ate for five minutes.

Cats don't do that when they're not starving.

So now, Dicey has become an unofficial member of the Brown household. She cries for her food and water, like all our other cats (who are indoors) do. She bids us good morning and sees us off to school, and she waits for us until we get home. Just like a dog. She's become our friend for life, ever since that first bowl of food, and even before that.

Who woulda thunk?

God bless,
Lauren

No comments: