Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Funnies

Here it is..............another Friday Funny. This time, we're going to hear from the mouths of children. Before I begin, I want to let everyone know that I won't be blogging from Monday to Wednesday because I'm going on a youth retreat. Sigh. What a way to end the summer! Anyway, here are the Friday Funnies:
  • A Sunday school teacher was telling her class the story of the Good Samaritan, in which a man was beaten, robbed and left for dead. She described the situation in vivid detail so her students would catch the drama.Then she asked the class, "If you saw a person lying on the roadside all wounded and bleeding, what would you do?"A thoughtful little girl broke the hushed silence with......"I think I'd throw up!"
  • A Sunday school teacher asked her children, as they were on the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One bright little girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."
  • The Sunday School teacher was telling the kindergarteners the story of Joseph and coat of many colors. Teacher: "Then Joseph's brothers got angry about their father giving Joseph the coat, so they sold him to some traders passing by in a caravan." My 5-year-old: "They had the same kind of car we have! We have a Caravan!"
  • A little 3Yr. old boy was crying very loud and his parents rushed into the room. He had swallowed a penny and was convinced he was going to die. Nothing they could say would convince him otherwise.Finally the Father palmed a penny rubbed his son's stomach and pretended to pull the penny out of his sons ear. The little boy started smiling when he saw the penny. Though he quickly snatched it out of his Father's hand swallowed it and said: "do it again Dad."
  • One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm, a mother was tucking her son into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in his voice, "Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?"
    The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug. "I can't, dear," she said. "I have to sleep in Daddy's room."
    A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice: "The big sissy."
  • A wife invited some people to dinner. At the table, she turned to their six-year-old daughter and said, "Would you like to say the blessing?" "I wouldn't know what to say," the girl replied. "Just say what you hear Mommy say," the wife answered. The daughter bowed her head and said, "Lord, why on earth did I invite all these people to dinner?"
  • My children began reciting the Lord's Prayer at 2 1/2 years old and I remember my daughter very seriously praying, "Our father, whose art's in Heaven, Howard is His name..."
  • My best friend's little sister learned about Jesus at a very early age. And she was always very faithful about putting her seat belt on in the car. Well, for some unexplained reason she suddenly stopped putting on her seat belt. When her mother asked her why she stopped putting on her seat belt she said, "I want to go flying though the window and see Jesus."

No comments: