Friday, August 24, 2007

I'm back! I'm back!

I'm back! The retreat was awesome! It was very intense and I have lots to tell. To start, Sandy Cove is an awesome place! It borders the Chesapeake Bay, so that if you're staying on the part of the building that faces the Bay, you can open the curtains and look at it! It was so big and beautiful! There are plenty of activities to do there, like playing sports, games and plenty of other things.

I met so many people! Everyone was so nice! We had a lot of fun. It was very intense, however. I felt like I was rushing about. But I guess it's not about sitting about and relaxing, because there was lots to do. We had devotions, then breakfast, then the sessions (sort of a church service), then lunch, free time, dinner, another service, time with our caregroup, then running about willy nilly until 12:00 p.m.! Whew! But it was so much fun!

I cannot emphasize how spiritual the sessions were! C.J. Mahaney, one of the greatest preachers of our time, preached excellent sermons about extravagant devotion to God and how to apply the retreat to our lives. Jeff Pursewell preached about how God rescued us, Dave Brewer preached about how God sacrificed for us, and Bob Kauflin preached about the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts. On the last night of the retreat, we had ministry night, where we got to pray for each other. I got prayed for and I prayed for others. I wish that the sermons had been recorded so that you could all hear these wonderful sermons, but I don't think they recorded it.

I've never been on a retreat before, but I'm glad that Covenant Life's was my first! It was the best! I've got two really cool stories that I'm going to post, along with my Friday Funnies. Be prepared! Also, I would like to let my adoring fans (just kidding) know that I'm going back to school on Monday. I don't know if I'll have as much time to post on the blog. Maybe I'll post before I go to bed. But I just wanted to let you know so that you don't go onto my blog and complain, "Hey! Why hasn't Lauren been posting on her blog! This isn't fun!" So if you don't see any new posts, you'll know that I'm at my desk working as busy as a bee.
For God's Gospel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the youth retreat was such a blast, Lauren! I understand about having less time to post with school starting back up, though. I'll enjoy your posts whenever you're able to make them!
Your adoring fan,
~Carrie :)