Tuesday, March 31, 2015

In Which Stuff Happens (and Coffee)

    ...In that I got the best cat in the world.  He was a furry therapist/anti-depressant to me, and we lost him last summer.

    ...In that I grew up a bit and got a life (and friends!).

    ...And in that I decided to share more of my writing, at the recommendation of one of said friends.  Because many friends can and often do make good recommendations (unless they're bank robbers), and I like making people laugh and think.  Also, transparency is a valuable thing.  

    Some say the Internet is like the One Ring - it grants invisibility, and corrupts many under its power into becoming mean, trolling, Gollum-like creatures.  I think it's had the opposite effect of making me sillier, and braver to say things I would be too shy to say in person. That can have its drawbacks, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

     When I think about what to write, Peter Quill's words come to mind: "Something good, something bad - maybe a bit of both."  And that suits me just fine.

     So.  Prepare for funny.  Prepare for weird.  And prepare for a bit of both.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh! I forgot about coffee! Yes, it's delicious, and yes, I would like to have some right now. So I might make a cup.