Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Good Time Was Had By All

Hi everyone,
Yesterday was my first High School Banquet!!!!!!!! It's probably the only prom I'll ever have, because at my school, we don't have one. But it was FUN!!!!!!
To start, everyone arrived dressed formally (this was a semi-formal affair). Girls dressed in flowing, bright-colored gowns or party dresses, and the boys were wearing dapper tuxedos. The dinner was delicious, as well as dessert (cheesecake......mmmm).
The banquet, of course, wasn't uneventful in the least. After engaging in pleasant conversation and eating, each table was given a sheet of trivia questions, in which the winner would be given an extraordinary prize. Who would have thought that the largest American city in terms of square miles was Juneau, Alaska?
After a table had won, all the kids at that table were supposed to go to the front, where they faced off against each other in a series of questions. It was then revealed that the winner would get a free trip to Mexico in time for the Mexico mission's trip!!!!!!!!!!
After much dueling between two girls (who, I might say, were very good at geography, etc.), one girl won. The happy girl will be attending the next missions' trip to Mexico, free of charge.
To finish off the evening, the winners of the 10:31 Award were chosen. The 10:31 Award is an award for two youths, a guy and a girl, who have shown that they have a good faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. There were films showing why these two chosen were worthy of a such a wonderful award. I can't disclose the names, due to Internet privacy, but let me assure you that they were very worthy of it!
A good time was had by all, and I'm grateful to God that I got to see it all unfold before my very eyes. I'm thankful that I can go to such a wonderful parent-driven youth ministry! I'm thankful that I can go to a church where I am encouraged to love God and grow in the Gospel! Thank you Jesus Christ!
For the Gospel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time at the youth banquet, Lauren! It sounds like it was a wonderful evening!
~Carrie