Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi everyone,

Happy Valentine's Day! While sometimes I think this holiday had wandered away from its' true meaning (you know, stores having sales on chocolates, etc.), it's also a beautiful day to just tell the people you love that you love them. Isn't that sweet?


It can be hard for some people on Valentine's Day, because they don't have a Valentine, didn't get a Valentine's Day card, or maybe has a family that lives far away. That's okay, though, because even though it might seem like you're the only one without a Valentine in the world, remember that the God, the King of the Universe, who created the earth, the seas, the stars, and the sky, and everything in this world, loves you to infinity, enough to send His Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins. When you think of it that way, a little heart-shaped card that says, "I Love You," pales in comparison. Isn't that neat?

In honor of Valentine's Day, I found a beautiful poem by Robert Burns. I think it's very pretty:

A Red, Red Rose


O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.


As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve!
And fare-thee-weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Luve,
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!



Happy Valentine's Day!

For the Gospel!



No comments: