Friday, March 28, 2008

Washington D.C.

Hi everyone,

Guess where I went to..............wink wink.
I have to admire Washingtonians......it must be easy for them to walk for long stretches of pavement, due to the fact that a good bit of people in the city get around by their feet.


I, on the other hand, do not have durable tootsies. They still feel a little sore after walking for about three miles around D.C.


But boy, did I have a great time! My class and I (this was a field trip) took the subway. This was the first time I've ever been on one, and it was so cool! It was sort of like a car ride, but a lot bumpier and darker. I hope I get to do it again someday.


I loved visiting the monuments. I had never been so close to the Washington Monument before - the last time I visited, I think it was under construction.....or the area around it was. The monument and Lincoln's Memorial was beautifully set off by the blossoming cherry trees that were appearing. In fact, they say the Cherry Blossom festival is starting tomorrow. I wish I could see it, but I'm going to be in another part of the city. It's a rare treat to be able to visit a city twice in a row! I'm thankful that God is allowing me to experience it.



The Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the World War II Memorial are definite must-sees for any tourists, veteran or new. There's also a park nearby that has monuments to other wars, including the Vietnam memorial. Washington, D.C. has that fancy, baroque look to it that makes you feel at home. It sort of has the Southern flair to it, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm just saying that I loved the trip and can't wait to go back tomorrow!



Sigh. Washington, D.C. rocks!



I hope to be able to scan the photos I took so I can show you all what I saw, but we'll have to see about that. ;-)




For the Gospel!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.